Saturday, June 5, 2010

1st Stepping Stone

Hi y'all, I am new to this blogging experience and for that matter starting my own business. I will try to keep this amusing for you, it's based on my life after all, and if you know me well you know what an amusement ride it has been thus far. I have just recently moved to Chicago; Lakeview to be exact. I am a little town girl, trying to grow some big city legs. For as long as I can remember I have been fascinated with weddings...I think it all started with Cinderella. I planned elaborate parties for my barbies and painfully made my grandpa sit through tea parties with me. I started working in a wedding salon, Zelda's, when I was in high school. I was in heaven and was lucky to have a wonderful boss who taught me all she knew about the bridal industry. At 19, I was her right hand, I had a ball helping brides plan that special day. From picking invitations, to wedding party attire, to helping select favors and just plain give advice. I was bit by the wedding bug, and its an itch that has not gone away. I have helped friends and family plan the special moments in their lives, weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, baby showers, wedding showers...I am there with all my ideas, I am there setting everything up, I am there making sure all details come together, and that my friends and family get the days they envisioned. I am so happy to be there to build these memories for them. I have always thought you should love what you do and when I was offered the opportunity to make my dream a reality I could not pass at the chance. So here I am...taking the first step in making my dreams come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment