Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Leaping Step

“May you never steal, lie, or cheat, but if you must steal, then steal away my sorrows, and if you must lie, lie with me all the nights of my life, and if you must cheat, then please cheat death because I couldn't live a day without you. Cheers!” ~Bride

What a touching sentiment!  I just finished watching Leap Year staring Amy Adams and (the new love of my life) Matthew Goode.  The movie is riddled with great quotes and beautiful scenery (and I mean Ireland, not the good looks of Goode).  If you have not see this one, pop up some popcorn, grab some girlfriends and get ready to want to plan a trip to Ireland (thanks to Leap Year and P.S. I Love You, Ireland is high on the places to go)

“When my 60 seconds came around I realized I had everything I ever wanted... but nothing I really needed and I think what I need is here and I came all this way to see if you maybe think so too. If you do, well... I don't really have plans past that, which is new for me. So, Declan O'Callhan, and I should probably learn your middle name, here is my proposal; I propose we not make plans, I propose we give this thing a chance and let it work out how it works out. So what do you say, do you wanna not make plans with me?” ~Anna (Amy Adams)

It’s movies like this that make me love  the idea of love and the planning that follows.  To help express the love that two people feel for each other is a great honor and a joy.

For the single girl in me, this gives hope that there is a Declan in my future.  Someone who, despite my flaws, sees something beautiful and someone who makes me finally stop and want to make plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment