Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Thankful Step

An apology to my blog readers, I can't believe it has been 5 days since I have updated or shared any new information with you. We all have hectic lives; a bride with a 40 hour work week trying to plan her wedding on her own; a mother with soccer practice, ballet class, and piano lessons, on top of running a household; or the new entrepreneur, like me, taking on extra work to make ends meet while starting up and still finding time to work on the new business. While living our lives on overdrive, we should still take a little break to appreciate the things around us. Pour yourself a cup of tea tonight, sit in a quiet comfortable place, and really think about all that you have to be thankful for....

Things I Am Thankful For:
1. a truely supportive family and friends who offer guidance, shoulders to cry on, and a laugh when needed.
2. a warm comfortable bed to come home to after those long grueling hours.
3. a beautiful city to open my eyes to everyday...from the lake, to the skyscrapers, to the hospitality of its inhabitants, Chicago you are my home!
4. the ability to learn and grow, growth and change happen all the time, I choose to embrace it, I never want to be blinded by the ignorance that I no longer have to learn or need to learn. I am thankful for the chance to grow from that new found knowledge.


I could continue but today I am thankful for these. And as I close my eyes after this long day, I can go to sleep with a smile; having these things to be thankful for gives me a sense of fulfillment.


Check back for more blogs to come: CS Weddings launch party wrap-up, Father-Daughter Dances, some new inspiration boards (w/some interesting twists, Transformers inspired and a little camo too), and the rising trend of engagement sessions.

Photo From: examiner.com

No comments:

Post a Comment