Friday, July 16, 2010

Smiling Step

I wanted to pass these along, I feel that they have come in handy and would like to pass some inspiration along:

“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” ~Leo F. Buscaglia

“Smile, even if it's a sad smile, because sadder than a sad smile is the sadness of not knowing how to smile.” ~unknown



“Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness: kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile.” ~Mother Teresa

“You can gain more friends by being yourself than you can by putting up a front. You can gain more friends by building people up than you can by tearing them down. And you can gain more friends by taking a few minutes from each day to do something kind for someone, whether it be a friend or a complete stranger. What a difference one person can make!” ~Sasha Azevedo

A simple smile or just a little encouragement can really make a person's day. In your day to day activities see how many people you smile at, or see how going through the day with a smile makes you feel. If someone pays you a compliment pay it forward and see where the day may take you. Today while going to a meeting I was stopped by a stranger who simply wanted to tell me how nice and well put together I looked, I walked into that meeting with a sense of confidence and smiling, and don't you know that I got positive feedback from that. That one stranger's kind words made my day and I plan on paying it forward and giving someone else that sense of satisfaction. See how many smiles you can inspire today!

No comments:

Post a Comment